What would you like your life to look like, in full augmented reality?
Imagine a world where both your digital and physical experiences are connected, a seemingly seamless transition, made possible simply by donning a head-worn augmented reality device that looks sleek and is easy to wear, and capable of being mobile so you can use it at home or when you’re out and about. What does that world look like?
A big technology company is keen to tap into your creativity and to see how leveraging augmented reality could enhance your life.
Show us your vision of the future and the wonderful and exciting things you could do with an augmented reality device.
Think about the following when you’re imagining your own augmented reality:
- In what scenarios would this be most exciting and useful for you to use? How often would you use/wear it?
- Think about how it could transform key aspects of your life like shopping, health, entertainment travel, social/connecting with others, and do it in a new way.
Please answer these four quick questions in the template provided:
- Where would you wear it?
- What would you do with it?
- How often would you wear it?
- What would your augmented reality device look like? We are not looking for a new product innovation from you but a few words to describe the device, for example, would it be lightweight?
We are looking for interesting and unique scenarios where you’d want to experience augmented reality in your life. Try to think of new and interesting ways that’s different from what we currently do.
As we are looking for ideas for a head-worn device, mobile augmented reality ideas using mobile phones, tablets or any other handheld device will not be accepted.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
Example of a good idea: A pair of augmented reality glasses with photochromatic lenses that adjust to changing light levels so you can use them indoors or in the sunshine. Because they’re so versatile, you take them shopping. Because of it’s connected technology, you’re able to compare prices of products from different stores so you know that you’re getting the best deals. And because you’re able to manipulate the products virtually, you’re able to compare details of what you see virtually and in real life before you make your final purchase. Because the device sits on your head, your hands are free to explore new items in the store vs. having to interrupt your experience by using a phone to find information.
Example of a bad idea: A head-worn device that’s bulky and needs to be connected to a power source or a computer, and a teenage boy playing computer games with it. While this scenario is feasible, we want to understand why the game is enhanced by augmented reality vs. without – as well as some thought into how the device should feel if the gaming experience is truly enhanced. Plus gaming is a frequently thought of example, can you think of other things that are not as mainstream or typical?
Premio della Giuria
- #1 Premio 1.500 €
- #2 Premio 600 €
- #3 Premio 400 €
One poster with a tagline and a short paragraph of text, using the template (max 1 page PDF).
Criteri di Vincita
We are looking for a creative and compelling visual and thoughtful reflection on how you feel about augmented reality and how you’d like to experience it in your daily life. The quality of the visual is less important than your insights, moment and thoughts about it, but your visual needs to be original, something that you have created yourself.
Linee guida per questo concorso
- Use this template for your submission: here
- Entries must be in English only.
- We are looking for ideas for a head-worn device only; mobile augmented reality ideas using mobile phones, tablets or any other handheld device will not be accepted.
- Please answer the four mandatory questions in your submission.
- Entries must be your own creation, illustrations or photography. Do not use stock photography. If you submit photography, you must have the explicit consent of the people portrayed.
You can learn more about Augmented Reality here:
- Microsoft Hololens – Transform your life through holograms
- A vision of the future through immersive 3D glasses, by Atheer
- The use of third party elements is not allowed in this contest. You cannot use any materials from the Internet in your entry.
Linee guida standard eYeka
- Non indicare alcun dettaglio personale nella tua proposta (nome, numero di telefono, indirizzo email etc.)
- Conserva una versione in alta qualità della tua reazione nel caso tu sia selezionato come vincitore.
- Il tuo media deve essere frutto del tuo proprio lavoro per essere considerato ai fini del concorso.
- Devi avere l'autorizzazione scritta di ogni autore ed attore che ha contribuito al lavoro.
- Se hai opere (musica, foto, progetti, ecc.) non di tua proprietà, indica nella descrizione del tuo lavoro se la musica e/o l'immagine o le immagini utilizzata/e è/sono o meno una tua personale creazione e riporta i link che rimandano alla licenza che ti conferisce il diritto di usarla/e.
- eYeka ti chiederà di fornire prova scritta o copia di tutti i documenti confermanti tale autorizzazione e che permettano a eYeka e ai suoi clienti di utilizzare il media ai sensi dei Regolamento del concorso.
- Tutti i media che non rispettino queste regole non saranno considerati ai fini del concorso.