Invent the new concept of snacks that will unleash amazing moments in parties!
Going to parties is an important thing in the lives of every teen and young adult from 15 to 24. When life gives them lemons, they make margaritas and party. It may start as an informal small gathering but always ends up in a party. All they need is music, snacks, alcohol, a lot of friends, some spontaneity and some triggers that dare them to do something forbidden and they are ready to create memorable moments.
The vibe they feel in a party, triggered by laughing all night long, is indescribable. For them, a party is more than a common gathering with friends; it is where everything happens. At their parties, the more people attend, the better it is. Because no matter how many people you know, you could end up being friends and having exciting experiences with everyone around you. The best part of such party is that you will have a smile on your face when you wake up the next day.
When Pepsico in Mexico created Paketaxo, a brand that speaks of fun, they had party lovers in mind. Paketaxo is a mixture of 4 different types of chips in the same bag, mixing a variety of great flavors and textures to satisfy every taste without spending too much money. Furthermore, when you mix the products, you will have a different experience. Paketaxo is more than a snack, it is synonym of fun, friends and spontaneity; it helps you make your party authentic and diverse. If you are a party lover, ready to embrace spontaneity whatever the night may bring, Paketaxo is a sure bet.
Each Paketaxo pack contains a different mix of 4 chips:
- chips like Doritos, Cheetos, Tostitos or Fritos,
- local brands that you only find in Mexico, such as :
- Rancheritos (a tortilla chip with a special mix of chili powder and spices),
- Sabritones (a puffed wheat snack that is chili & lime flavored),
- Crujitos (tiny corn flour purr twirls with a cheese and chili flavor),
- Churrumais (thin little corn strips seasoned with lime and chili)
- Poffets (cheese-flavored popcorn).
- Unique and exclusive products that you can only find inside Paketaxo.
Paketaxo wants to help people to have even better times at parties and make connections with others easily by offering them a new kind of snack. Ready for the challenge?
WOW us with new product ideas full of fun for Paketaxo!
Create a new product made by Paketaxo for 15 - 24 years old party lovers, who are excited to connect and share unique and memorable experiences with friends.
Your concept will enable attendees to stand out and reveal their social and party superpowers. It must be something that wows friends and creates good and humorous memories.
Think about a party concept that could be iconic. Then think what the perfect product to enhance a party should be; what kind of package it should have to create memorable experiences; what kind of mix of different flavors, colors, experiences and crunchiness it should have in order to create connections with others when the party begins or as an excuse to interact with others in a fun way.
Give a lot of details about your idea! Therefore, in your entry, please answer these questions:
- Explain a party concept that can be embedded by Paketaxo. Describe the moment: who eats it, when they eat it, where and why?
- Describe the ritual (the way it’s eaten and what people do when they eat it)?
- Design a new brand packaging in order to increase interaction.
- Tell us about the flavors, combinations and format of the chips of your new Paketaxo mix: how global and local brand ingredients and forms combine and could enhance each other. Tell us why you picked these shapes and flavor combinations.
- Give a name to your product concept: Paketaxo “___”
Also keep in mind that Paketaxo is meant to be a perfect fit for parties and to be shared!
Therefore, your concept has to introduce something NEW to the party: it should be something that attracts people who are spontaneous, who enjoy sharing and are open to try new things.
Your product concept must be a breakthrough; it should be something that unleashes party experiences!
Don’t repeat a PepsiCo or Doritos concept that you have seen. All entries already submitted in prior contests will be automatically eliminated. Remember, PepsiCo Paketaxo is looking for something very original!
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
A good idea for this contest: Paketaxo Discovery, to enhance the party at night. Chips come with an ingredient that makes your tongue glow in the dark in a specific color depending on whether you ate a Cheats, a Doritos a Rancheritos or a Churrumais. The glowing tongues spark conversations and allow you to discover the favorite taste of each person. The packaging can be turned after eating the chips into a disco ball that party lovers can flash with their smartphones to create the perfect party mood.
Another example: Paketaxo Dare or pay: A mix of 4 different types of chips with hot spicy flavors. The package can be turn into a roulette wheel to play with your friends at the beginning of a party. Each player spins the roulette wheel to get a challenge for the night. If the challenge is not accepted, a punishment must be paid. The challenge could include acting as a role character all night, for example a “one-hit-wonder pop singer” and to introduce yourself, talk and engage different people for about 15 mins in the character of this person.
Bad idea: a change in the font design of the existing Paketaxo packaging. Or a new ingredient for the Paketaxo mixtures without an umbrella party concept.
Premio della Giuria
- #1 Premio 2.800 €
- #2 Premio 1.500 €
- #3 Premio 500 €
Concept board: 2 PDF pages in total –
- Page 1: visuals of product concept and its packaging (you can add other visuals to support your ideas if needed)
- Page 2: text with answers to the mandatory questions and an explanation of your new concept
Criteri di Vincita
Awards will go to the entries that suggest a breakthrough party concept and that provide intense and unexpected experiences through the original combination of packaging, tastes and forms. Originality of the idea, relevance for a party situation and creative execution of your thinking will have to blow the jury away to get a chance to win.
Linee guida per questo concorso
- Remember: this snack is for party lovers; it should create new ways of social interactions and propose a party concept.
- Packaging needs to be modified to enhance the party experience.
- In order to enhance your party concept, you can include accessories, or modify the colour and shapes of the chips, but remember to remain within the equity of global brands:
- For Doritos, you can change the flavor and color, but it has to remain in a triangular shape.
- For Cheetos, you can change the shape and color, but it has to be cheese-based flavor.
- For Fritos, you can change the flavor and color, but it has to keep its curve shape.
- For Tostitos, you can change the flavor and color, but it has to keep its circular shape.
- It should not be a way to mock people or make anyone feel uncomfortable.
- Mandatory elements: your entry must include the party concept of your snack, packaging design, description and benefits.
- Download the Paketaxo logo from the toolkit.
- Entries must be in English or Spanish.
- You must own the legal rights to the images you will use in your entry.
- Authorizations and licenses to use protected elements (incl. music, photos..) must include at least: (i) the right to incorporate the protected elements in new works that are derived or based upon these elements, (ii) the right to use for commercial purposes and (iii) the right to use on the Internet. You must be able to provide a written proof of these authorizations and licenses at any time.
Linee guida standard eYeka
- Non indicare alcun dettaglio personale nella tua proposta (nome, numero di telefono, indirizzo email etc.)
- Conserva una versione in alta qualità della tua reazione nel caso tu sia selezionato come vincitore.
- Il tuo media deve essere frutto del tuo proprio lavoro per essere considerato ai fini del concorso.
- Devi avere l'autorizzazione scritta di ogni autore ed attore che ha contribuito al lavoro.
- Se hai opere (musica, foto, progetti, ecc.) non di tua proprietà, indica nella descrizione del tuo lavoro se la musica e/o l'immagine o le immagini utilizzata/e è/sono o meno una tua personale creazione e riporta i link che rimandano alla licenza che ti conferisce il diritto di usarla/e.
- eYeka ti chiederà di fornire prova scritta o copia di tutti i documenti confermanti tale autorizzazione e che permettano a eYeka e ai suoi clienti di utilizzare il media ai sensi dei Regolamento del concorso.
- Tutti i media che non rispettino queste regole non saranno considerati ai fini del concorso.