Can creativity lower cholesterol?
With the rise of what we call the “quantified self”, we all try to find out, collect and analyze our personal data. It’s now very common to count our number of steps, the distance traveled, the calories burned, heart rate, time and quality of sleep. Yet although cholesterol is a very important number to know, and provides insightful information, no one seems to be tracking it or even just getting information about it. Why? Because it’s impossible to see or feel. Since there are no symptoms, people who have elevated cholesterol are not aware of it most of the time.
However, while we cannot feel or see it, elevated cholesterol is a key risk factor for developing a cardiovascular disease. It is estimated that 40% of people around the world have elevated cholesterol levels and that number can reach above 60% in many developed countries.
The first step is to be informed, and to do that you need to get tested. We urgently need your creative energy to raise awareness about the risks of elevated cholesterol so that people will want to know what their numbers are.
Create a provoking video that makes people realize that cholesterol is a serious issue and that the first step is to get tested, regardless of age.
Anyone looking at your video should feel: “Dawn, that’s right, why haven’t I done this before? It seems so easy to get tested! I want to know where I stand”
Your video should show that testing is fast and easy. The message to get across is that such a small step now could help prevent bigger issues later in life.
Although the quality of your video is not paramount, you need to find a compelling creative idea and storyline.
It can be either through a peculiar story, an unusual start, a way of putting together information, anything that will make it stand out and shareable.
In the end, what matters is that people realize that cholesterol is an important issue that can have dramatic consequences on health, and that should not be ignored.
The best videos will be amplified on social media by major healthcare institutions to raise awareness about elevated cholesterol.
Here are some facts about cholesterol that you may want to use:
- Cholesterol is a waxy, fat-like substance that is naturally formed in the body. It plays a vital role in how every cell works throughout the body. But having too much cholesterol in your blood can increase the risk of developing heart disease, as it can build up in the vessels.
- 3 times more women die from heart disease than from breast cancer. A key risk factor for heart disease is high cholesterol.
- There are no specific symptoms for high cholesterol, so if you have high cholesterol, you won’t be able to tell. The best way to find out is to get your cholesterol levels checked.
- You cholesterol levels can be checked with a simple blood test.
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them literally in your submission or it will be rejected.
The target of your video is everyone because everyone should know about their cholesterol level. Think of the last videos you saw online, the ones that made you stop and think there was something big that you simply were not aware of.
Try to get this feeling across to your audience.
A good entry could deal with the idea of “be in the know”. You could show how some situations could have a dramatic outcome if people did not know. For example, a wedding reception that is planned outside, not knowing that it would rain all day long. People are all dressed up and drinking champagne under the rain while the newlyweds cry as they wish they had known. Another situation could show a man getting really mad because he is trying to take the Tube and all the stations are closed. He did not know that there were works to be done… You could end the video by saying that in general, in life, you’re best prepared if you bother to inform yourself! End your video with a call to action to get one’s cholesterol tested.
Another idea could be around visualizing the effects of life’s events on one’s heart. We would visualize a heart that beats like crazy when the person is in love, and later, a heart that stutters when there is a split. We would see a heart that cries during a sad movie and a heart that vibrates, while one works out. We could then see the mean cholesterol and look at it affecting and damaging the heart. The video would be concluded by a sentence like: "Do not force that on your heart. It has to go through so much with you! Get tested to take care of it! There is so much left! "
Premio della Giuria
- #1 Premio 5.000 €
- #2 Premio 3.000 €
- #3 Premio 2.000 €
Video or animation, 60s maximum
Criteri di Vincita
The key winning criteria for this contest is to bring to life an idea. You must focus on HOW to make people aware of cholesterol issues and prompt them to get tested. Find a hook and make a big impact on your audience so that they will feel compelled to act.
Linee guida per questo concorso
- Remember that your video should catch the attention of your audience, make them watch until the end and share.
- Your entry should not feel like a commercial, it is meant to be put on social media.
- It should not be scientific and boring.
- Maximum length is 60 sec.
- Entries should be in English or subtitled in English.
Linee guida standard eYeka
- Non indicare alcun dettaglio personale nella tua proposta (nome, numero di telefono, indirizzo email etc.)
- Conserva una versione in alta qualità della tua reazione nel caso tu sia selezionato come vincitore.
- Il tuo media deve essere frutto del tuo proprio lavoro per essere considerato ai fini del concorso.
- Devi avere l'autorizzazione scritta di ogni autore ed attore che ha contribuito al lavoro.
- Se hai opere (musica, foto, progetti, ecc.) non di tua proprietà, indica nella descrizione del tuo lavoro se la musica e/o l'immagine o le immagini utilizzata/e è/sono o meno una tua personale creazione e riporta i link che rimandano alla licenza che ti conferisce il diritto di usarla/e.
- eYeka ti chiederà di fornire prova scritta o copia di tutti i documenti confermanti tale autorizzazione e che permettano a eYeka e ai suoi clienti di utilizzare il media ai sensi dei Regolamento del concorso.
- Tutti i media che non rispettino queste regole non saranno considerati ai fini del concorso.