What exciting, delightful new product could you create with chilled dough?
Chilled dough is a very cool product. It is a ready-to-use, thick malleable dough made of water and flour. You don’t need to add anything to use it and it is a time-saving solution. With chilled dough you can easily make pies and pizzas, cookies and cakes. What’s great about chilled dough is that people can add their personal touch. They can either use the dough straightaway, and cook it or bake it, or they can add ingredients to make their own dish.
Herta believes that simple pleasures are the best. Imagine the smell of a pie baking in the oven… it is marvelous! Herta provides ready-to-cook and ready-to-bake chilled dough. They have chilled dough for pies and pizzas, chilled dough to make wonderful cakes and cookie dough in no time. It is so easy to use that any amateur baker, even a child, can make nice cookies out of it. The possibilities seem endless and Herta believes the next big thing is yet to come.
Can you help create the next big innovation in dough?
Chilled dough is such a versatile product… Create a new, easy and ready-to-use chilled dough product to delight amateur bakers and food lovers.
Show us what your new product looks like (packaging), tell us what it is, how it addresses some of the frustrations you might have regarding cooking. Tell us who your product is designed for.
Your concept could target families, children, students, or busy singletons… The choice is yours. The product must be for everyday use, not only for special occasions like festivities or weddings for example. It must be a ready-to-cook or ready-to-bake product, not something that can be consumed right after it has been bought. We want a concept that someone could purchase on a normal day in a supermarket and use it to prepare something.
Important: Your idea must be new and completely original. Herta has already created a “liquid dough” in a pouch that you pour into a baking pan, onto which you can add fruits or chocolate chips if you like and put in the oven.
Your creations will inspire Herta in developing the next big dough revolution for the places where the category already exists: France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland and the USA
The examples are only provided to illustrate our expectations. Please do not use them in your submission or it will be rejected.
If you do some research about Herta or about dough, you will see that Herta is also known as Buitoni, La Cocinera, Leisi or Toll House in different countries.
What about a chilled dough product to make perfect breadsticks? They are a package a 10 chilled dough sticks, sold in a pouch. Once unpacked, you can use them as such to make breadsticks, or create shapes out of them, such as pretzels, or even use them to make other food (wrap them around a sausage or create a nice lattice top for a pie crust)!
Another example of new product: You could imagine a product with 6 small dough pieces shaped like cupcakes. They are already flavored: 3 chocolate and 3 blueberry. This is intended for mothers who want to quickly bake cupcakes for the family. They just need to take the mini cupcakes out of the pack, put them in the oven and bake for a few minutes. The cupcakes rise and you just need to add cream on top. Since they are already flavored you get the right mix of flavor and it saves you time preparing. And you can always personalize them more with your own cream and toppings!
This is only food for thought, we believe you will have better ideas! Use your imagination, possibilities are limitless…
Premio della Giuria
- #1 Premio 4.000 €
- #2 Premio 2.000 €
- #3 Premio 2.000 €
- #4 Premio 1.000 €
- #5 Premio 1.000 €
Presentations with illustrations and text, max. 3 pages (PDF only)
Criteri di Vincita
We will accept ideas that explain in detail what the product is about, who will buy it, why it is new and what is great about it. Awards will go to the most innovative entries and that are breakthrough in the world of chilled dough!
Linee guida per questo concorso
- Your idea should be for daily use, not for special occasions only.
- It must be well illustrated, including packaging proposal.
- Don’t forget to tell us what potential frustrations your product “solves”.
- Have in mind Herta’s vision: to be honest, responsible, down to earth, fully embracing life, warm, smart and contemporary.
- Avoid ideas that are too complicated for people to use (it is supposed to save you time!)
- Your concept must be something that is ready to cook or ready to bake but not something that is ready to eat. This means that the person who buys your product needs to prepare it before it is eaten.
- Entries should be in English.
Linee guida standard eYeka
- Non indicare alcun dettaglio personale nella tua proposta (nome, numero di telefono, indirizzo email etc.)
- Conserva una versione in alta qualità della tua reazione nel caso tu sia selezionato come vincitore.
- Il tuo media deve essere frutto del tuo proprio lavoro per essere considerato ai fini del concorso.
- Devi avere l'autorizzazione scritta di ogni autore ed attore che ha contribuito al lavoro.
- Se hai opere (musica, foto, progetti, ecc.) non di tua proprietà, indica nella descrizione del tuo lavoro se la musica e/o l'immagine o le immagini utilizzata/e è/sono o meno una tua personale creazione e riporta i link che rimandano alla licenza che ti conferisce il diritto di usarla/e.
- eYeka ti chiederà di fornire prova scritta o copia di tutti i documenti confermanti tale autorizzazione e che permettano a eYeka e ai suoi clienti di utilizzare il media ai sensi dei Regolamento del concorso.
- Tutti i media che non rispettino queste regole non saranno considerati ai fini del concorso.